Komen Colorado awards grants to local non-profit organizations, health clinics, and hospitals that implement programs to meet funding priorities related to breast cancer care. Individuals receive support through Komen Colorado grants by enrolling in a program at one of the current grant-receiving organizations.
General eligibility requirements for local organizations to receive grant support:
- Komen Colorado will only fund projects that focus on breast health and/or breast cancer for uninsured or underinsured individuals. If a program includes other health issues along with breast cancer, such as increasing overall health literacy or a breast and cervical cancer program, funding may only be requested for the breast cancer portion.
- All past and current Komen Colorado-funded grants or awards to Applicant organizations must be up-to-date and in compliance with Komen requirements. Applicants that have partnered with the Affiliate in the past must be considered to be “in good standing” with the Affiliate grants program.
- Applicant must be able to demonstrate current tax-exempt status under the Internal Revenue Service code.
- Applicant must be a non-profit organization located in or providing services in at least one of the following counties: Adams, Arapahoe, Boulder, Broomfield, Clear Creek, Denver, Douglas, Eagle, Garfield, Gilpin, Jefferson, Larimer, Logan, Morgan, Park, Phillips, Pitkin, Sedgwick, Summit, Washington, Weld, and Yuma.
- If applicant, or any of its key employees, directors, officers or agents is convicted of fraud or a crime involving any other financial or administrative impropriety in the 12 months prior to the submission deadline for the application, then applicant is not eligible to apply for a grant until 12 months after the conviction. After such 12-month period, applicant must demonstrate in its application that appropriate remedial measures have been taken to ensure that any criminal misconduct does not recur.
- The Applicant is in good standing with the Colorado Secretary of State.
- The Applicant is not barred from the receipt of federal or state funding.
If you are with a nonprofit organization that meets the above requirements, please consider applying to the next funding cycle. Visit the Apply section for more details.