Komen Colorado understands that not all women have access to insurance coverage for diagnostic tests. Depending on your insurance carrier, the cost of diagnostic tests may go toward meeting an annual deductible, making them not eligible for co-payment or cost-sharing options. Therefore, the cost of some diagnostics tests could be prohibitive for a woman to have the test done.
It is important, though, that you determine if the cost is prohibitive BEFORE the test is actually done. Once a test is completed, it is more challenging to find financial assistance. Komen Colorado grants and similar programs are not able to retroactively cover the cost of a bill.
If you have already completed a diagnostic test and find you cannot pay the bill, please contact the medical facility’s financial navigator to see if they have available resources or can setup a payment plan that works for you. You may also contact Komen Colorado to discuss your situation to determine if resources are available by calling 303-744-2088 or emailing email@example.com
Komen Colorado and similar programs are there to intercept a bill for a diagnostic tests IF the woman is enrolled in the program BEFORE the test is complete.
If you are a current patient at a Komen Colorado-funded facility or at a facility with other funding, then you can ask the financial navigator for information on how to enroll in the program. See the list below or contact the Women’s Wellness Connection (WWC) to see if your medical facility is a current community partner.
If you are not a current patient at a Komen Colorado funded or a WWC facility, you will first need to become an established patient before available funding can be used to cover the cost of your diagnostic test(s). You may need to first see one of the providers at the medical facility to have them make an appropriate referral for the diagnostic test(s) to one of their partner imaging facilities.
Eligibility and Enrollment
Before checking if a Komen Colorado-funded program is right for you, review the eligibility requirements for Women’s Wellness Connection (WWC). WWC is a state-run program that pays for screening and diagnostic tests for eligible women.
WWC Eligibility Requirements: Are the following true?
- I am a female and/or transgender
- I am between 40 and 64 years old
- I am a resident of Colorado
- I am lawfully present
- I do not have insurance (or have limited insurance)
- I have not had a mammogram in the last 12 months
- I earn less than $30,150 annually for a household of one ($61,500 for a household of four)
If you answered “no” to any of the above, or are unsure, review the below list to find a resource near you. You may also contact Komen Colorado to find a resource for you by calling 303-744-2088 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
PLEASE NOTE: Enrollment in a Komen Colorado-funded program is NOT guaranteed if you do not qualify for WWC; please contact Komen Colorado or one of the organizations below to find out if you qualify and if there is currently funding availability for program enrollment.
You may contact each organization listed below to see if you are eligible for the Komen Colorado-funded program, or another program operated at the facility, and to make an appointment. The organizations are listed by region, then by service.
- Education/Navigation Programs: These organizations provide culturally responsive breast health education to diverse populations that focus on addressing barriers to screening. The end-goal of these projects is to connect medically underserved individuals with breast screenings and timely follow-up diagnostic care.
- Clinical Care Programs for Screenings & Diagnostics: These organizations provide low or no-cost clinical breast exams, screening mammograms, and diagnostic services to medically underserved individuals.