Komen Colorado understands not all women have access to coverage for mammography. In Colorado, insurance companies are required to cover annual mammography with no co-payment for all women over age 40. However, if you do not have insurance or are younger than 40, you might not be able to afford mammography if it is recommended by your health care provider.
Women’s Wellness Connection (WWC). WWC is a state-run program that pays for screening and diagnostic tests for eligible women.
WWC Eligibility Requirements: Are the following true?
- I am a female and/or transgender
- I am between 40 and 64 years old
- I am a resident of Colorado
- I am lawfully present
- I do not have insurance (or have limited insurance)
- I have not had a mammogram in the last 12 months
- I earn less than $30,150 annually for a household of one ($61,500 for a household of four)
If you answered “no” to any of the above, or are unsure, you may also contact Komen Colorado to find a resource for you by calling 303-744-2088 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.