Komen Colorado understands not all women have access to coverage for mammography. In Colorado, insurance companies are required to cover annual mammography with no co-payment for all women over age 40. However, if you do not have insurance or are younger than 40, you might not be able to afford mammography if it is recommended by your health care provider.
Before checking if a Komen Colorado-funded program is right for you, review the eligibility requirements for Women’s Wellness Connection (WWC). WWC is a state-run program that pays for screening and diagnostic tests for eligible women.
WWC Eligibility Requirements: Are the following true?
- I am a female and/or transgender
- I am between 40 and 64 years old
- I am a resident of Colorado
- I am lawfully present
- I do not have insurance (or have limited insurance)
- I have not had a mammogram in the last 12 months
- I earn less than $30,150 annually for a household of one ($61,500 for a household of four)
If you answered “no” to any of the above, or are unsure, review the below list to find a resource near you. You may also contact Komen Colorado to find a resource for you by calling 303-744-2088 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
PLEASE NOTE: Enrollment in a Komen Colorado-funded program is NOT guaranteed if you do not qualify for WWC; please contact Komen Colorado or one of the organizations below to find out if you qualify and if there is currently funding availability for program enrollment.
You may contact each organization listed below to see if you are eligible for the Komen Colorado-funded program, or another program operated at the facility, and to make an appointment. The organizations are listed by region, then by service.
- Education/Navigation Programs: These organizations provide culturally responsive breast health education to diverse populations that focus on addressing barriers to screening. The end-goal of these projects is to connect medically underserved individuals with breast screenings and timely follow-up diagnostic care.
- Clinical Care Programs for Screenings & Diagnostics: These organizations provide low or no-cost clinical breast exams, screening mammograms, and diagnostic services to medically underserved individuals.